30 ml olive oil
500 g haddock steaks, halved
1 tin (105 g) oysters in brine
1 tin (105 g) smoked mussels
1 tin (240 g) baby clams
5 ml freshly ground black pepper
salt to taste
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 fresh green chillies, sliced lengthways
15 ml fish seasoning
10 ml Portuguese spice
30 ml butter
2 bay leaves
5 ml garlic paste
1 punnet mushrooms, sliced
salt to taste
10 ml freshly ground black pepper
60 g butter
90 ml cake flour
500 ml fresh cream
250 ml grated Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 200 °C. Coat a flat ovenproof dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour olive oil into dish and place haddock steaks over base.
- Place oysters, mussels, baby clams, pepper, salt, garlic, chillies and spices in a bowl and toss together lightly.
- Pour seafood mixture over haddock and shake dish lightly to allow mixture to settle between steaks.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 10–12 minutes.
- Melt 30 ml butter in a medium pot and stir-fry bay leaves, garlic and mushrooms with salt and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from pot and keep aside.
- Melt 60 ml butter in same pot, add flour and stir till smooth.
- Gradually add cream and then bring to a slow boil.
- Remove pot from heat, add mushrooms and cheese, and stir well.
- Remove dish from oven and pour sauce over fish medley.
- Return to oven and bake for 7–10 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad and garlic bread.
Serves 4 to 6