200 ml grated Cheddar cheese
30 ml sesame seeds
30 ml poppy seeds
100 ml ground almonds
10 cream crackers, crushed
15 chicken drumsticks
30 ml cooking oil
60 ml melted butter
30 ml lemon juice
30 ml garlic paste
5 ml paprika
30 ml chicken spice
45 ml cake flour
60 ml honey
salt to taste
- Mix cheese, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, almonds and biscuit crumbs together and keep aside.
- Place chicken and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Leave to marinate in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C. Coat an ovenproof dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove drumsticks from marinade and roll immediately in seed and cheese mixture, pressing mixture firmly onto chicken to create a crust.
- Place chicken in ovenproof dish and cover dish with foil.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, remove dish from oven and turn drumsticks.
- Continue roasting without foil till chicken is done and golden brown.
- Change oven setting to grill and cook drumsticks for 5–7 minutes, taking care not to burn chicken. Serve with whole potatoes and a salad of choice.
Serves 4 to 6