1 kg king prawns, deveined with shells intact
30 ml butter
15 ml cooking oil
10 whole baby onions
1 punnet baby mushrooms
100 g mangetout
1 punnet cocktail tomatoes
100 ml chopped fresh coriander leaves
5 ml peri-peri powder
5 ml paprika
15 ml fish seasoning
30 ml garlic paste
30 ml mustard sauce
100 ml tomato sauce
30 ml brown sugar
30 ml lemon juice
30 ml cooking oil
salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 220 °C. Coat a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place prawns and all marinade ingredients in a large bowl, toss and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Heat butter and oil in a flat pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Add mushrooms, mangetout and tomatoes to pan, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Add prawns to pan and stir-fry over medium heat for 5–7 minutes till prawns are pink.
- Place prawns, onions and mushroom mixture in casserole dish and toss with a fork.
- Top with coriander leaves.
- Cover dish with foil and place in oven for 5–7 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
- Switch off oven and leave dish inside for 10 minutes to continue cooking.
- Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
Serves 4 to 6